Pattern: somewhat based on Ripple Afghan by Mary Jane Protus, which can be found on the Coats and Clark site and on Ravelry.
Yarn details: (getting lots of mileage out of my Macedonian stash)
- the label says 'Menada'...whether that's the brand or the line, I don't know
- 100% fake
- 50 gr = 142 metres
- about 200 grams of the chocolate colour, approximately 100 grams of the others
Measurements: 114cm x 75cm
The original pattern has rows of puff stitches in addition to the dc and sc rows. I tried the puff stitches and didn't dig them, so for each colour repeat, I worked the rows dc-sc-dc. The border left me stumped, so I experimented with a few variations and settled on 7-dc shells worked in every second dc-row end.
It tends to fold up on itself like an accordian when it hangs, even though I blocked it (seemed weird blocking this kind of yarn). I wouldn't do this pattern again, as the sc rows really slowed things down and I'm not such a huge fan of the holes that form with the increases and decreases. I did some research and dug up this pattern for a ripple afghan that I think is an improvement.